ADVERTISEMENT

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks WR Tory Horton out ‘for a period of time’

The second-year Seahawks wideout has been sidelined for the past week with an undisclosed injury.

Seattle Seahawks Tory Horton pregame 2025...

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Tory warms up prior to a 2025 game. (Steph Chambers/Getty Images)

(Steph Chambers/Getty Images)

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Tory Horton, who missed the second half of his 2025 rookie campaign with a cracked tibia, remained out with an undisclosed injury for Friday’s joint practice with the Tennessee Titans.

Seahawks WR Jake Bobo suffers ‘serious’ knee injury in joint practice

Horton didn’t play in Seattle’s Aug. 15 preseason opener against the Dallas Cowboys and has reportedly been sidelined from practice all week.

“He’s still working through his stuff,” Seahawks head coach Mike Macdonald said. “He’s going to be out for a period of time.”

Macdonald’s comments on Horton came shortly after fellow Seahawks wide receiver Jake Bobo was carted off the field with a knee injury during Friday’s joint practice. Macdonald said Bobo’s injury appears to be “serious” and one that’s likely to keep him out “long-term.”

Bobo was projected to enter the season as Seattle’s fifth wide receiver. Horton is projected to be the Seahawks’ WR4 — behind the trio of Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Cooper Kupp and Rashid Shaheed.

A fifth-round draft pick out of Colorado State, Horton burst onto the scene last fall with 13 catches for 161 yards and five touchdowns over his first eight games. The speedy wideout also had 16 punt returns for 238 yards, including a franchise-record 95-yard punt return TD.

ADVERTISEMENT

However, Horton said he began to feel “a little something” in his shin in Week 3. He continued to play through it for the next six weeks until tests revealed a crack in his tibia. He missed the rest of the season and underwent surgery in February.

After spending the offseason rehabbing, Horton returned to practice in training camp and drew praise from Seahawks Radio Network analyst and former NFL wideout Bryan Walters, who said the second-year receiver looked “fast” and “ready to pick up where he left off” over the first half of 2025.

But now, Horton has hit another setback.

With Bobo potentially out for the season and Horton’s status unclear, there’s an opportunity for other receivers to step up. The top candidates include Cody White and surprise training camp standout Montorie Foster Jr., along with rookie sixth-round pick Emmanuel Henderson Jr. and Ricky White III.

ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle Seahawks news and more

• Report: Seahawks sale to Khosla group clears a key last hurdle
• Brock: Where Seahawks QB Jalen Milroe needs to improve
Seattle Seahawks TE AJ Barner enters Year 3 feeling ‘my best’

Cameron Van Til Seattle Sports

Cameron Van Til is a digital content editor for Seattle Sports. A Gonzaga University graduate, Cameron has previously covered sports for The Everett Herald and The Associated Press, as well as served as a Seattle Mariners correspondent for Baseball… Read more

Comments

0 Comments