ADVERTISEMENT

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks WR Jake Bobo suffers ‘serious’ knee injury in joint practice

"It looks like it's a long-term injury," Seahawks coach Mike Macdonald said.

Seattle Seahawks Jake Bobo looks on 2024...

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Jake Bobo looks on during a 2024 game. (Steph Chambers/Getty Images)

(Steph Chambers/Getty Images)

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Jake Bobo was carted off the field with a knee injury during the team’s joint practice with the Tennessee Titans on Friday in Nashville, according to multiple reporters in attendance.

Report: Seahawks sale to Khosla group clears a key last hurdle

Head coach Mike Macdonald said Bobo’s injury appears “serious.”

“Our heart goes out to Jake Bobo,” Macdonald said after practice. “It seems like it’s gonna be a serious (injury). We’re gonna get it imaged, but early returns, it looks like it’s a long-term injury. So that’s unfortunate.”

Bobo, 28, appeared on track to be Seattle’s fifth receiver heading into the season – behind Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Cooper Kupp, Rashid Shaheed and Tory Horton.

Now, a slew of wideouts could be in the mix for the WR5 spot – including Cody White, surprise training camp standout Montorie Foster Jr., rookie sixth-round draft pick Emmanuel Henderson Jr. and Ricky White III.

Horton’s status is also a question mark right now. The second-year wideout, who missed the second half of his 2025 rookie campaign with a cracked tibia, has reportedly been sidelined for the past week with an undisclosed injury.

“He’s still working through his stuff,” Macdonald said. “He’s going to be out for a period of time.”

Bobo, a 6-foot-4 undrafted rookie out of UCLA, was an underdog story who made the Seahawks’ roster out of training camp in 2023 and caught a touchdown pass in his third NFL game. He served as Seattle’s WR4 in 2023 and 2024, totaling 303 receiving yards and three TD catches over that span, while also contributing as a special teams mainstay.

ADVERTISEMENT

In 2025, Bobo saw his playing time decrease. He had just two catches for 20 yards during the regular season, while logging just 117 offensive snaps in 11 games. He missed three games due to injuries and was a healthy scratch for another three games.

However, Bobo came up big during the Seahawks’ Super Bowl run, hauling in a 17-yard TD reception in the third quarter of Seattle’s 31-27 NFC Championship Game win over the Los Angeles Rams.

In March, the Seahawks matched the Jacksonville Jaguars’ offer sheet and signed Bobo to a two-year, $5.5 million deal to keep him in Seattle.

“He’s a beast, man,” Macdonald said. “He’s just a great football player, a great Seahawk. I think hopefully we reflected that in our investment in him. But we love him, we’ll be there beside him as he recovers and pray it’s a speedy recovery.”

Seattle Seahawks news and more

• Brock: Where Seahawks QB Jalen Milroe needs to improve
• Stacy: NFL critics keep finding ways to doubt the Seahawks
• Seattle Seahawks TE AJ Barner enters Year 3 feeling ‘my best’

Cameron Van Til Seattle Sports

Cameron Van Til is a digital content editor for Seattle Sports. A Gonzaga University graduate, Cameron has previously covered sports for The Everett Herald and The Associated Press, as well as served as a Seattle Mariners correspondent for Baseball… Read more

Comments

2 Comments

T
Todd Breda 9 hours ago

NoMoBobo? Nooooo... Get well soon, Bobo!

S
scotty icicle 12 hours ago

such a bummer..love me some bobo...get well soon!