Seahawks Draft: Bumpus looks at DEs Boye Mafe, Tyreke Smith
The Seahawks NFL Draft analysis continues from Seattle Sports.
Heaps: Hawks’ draft haul shows commitment to philosophy
Michael Bumpus, a former NFL wide receiver who now is a Seahawks analyst and regular Seattle Sports contributor, moves his focus to the two pass rushers the Hawks picked up last weekend in the draft: Boye Mafe and Tyreke Smith.
Mafe was the second pick of the draft for Seattle, coming at No. 40 overall in the second round Friday out of Minnesota.
A few rounds later on Saturday, the Seahawks grabbed Ohio State’s Smith at 158th overall in the fifth round.
What stands out about these two, and how will they fit into the Seahawks’ defense as rookies and over the long haul? Watch the video at the top of this post for full details from “Bump.”
For more videos like this, subscribe to the Seattle Sports YouTube channel here.
Watch Bumpus’ first draft breakdown video on cornerbacks Coby Bryant and Tariq Woolen at this link.
More Seahawks draft coverage from SeattleSports.com
• Salk: Hawks had good reason to pass on QBs in draft
• What Seattle’s high-round selections of two offensive tackles means
• Rost’s Draft Pick Profiles: A closer look at new franchise LT Charles Cross
• Why Hawks’ draft, especially RB Walker, is Huard’s favorite since 2010
• The Seahawks Draft Breakdown: Close look at all 9 Seattle picks