Seahawks Football 101: The emergence of Ugo Amadi
There was plenty for Seahawks fans to be happy about in Sunday’s 40-3 blowout win over the winless New York Jets, but it provides a good opportunity to shine a light on a younger player enjoying a good second year in the NFL.
That would be defensive back Ugo Amadi, a fourth-round pick by Seattle out of Oregon in the 2019 NFL Draft. He had a few notable plays against the Jets that caught the eye of 710 ESPN Seattle’s Dave Wyman.
In this week’s edition of Football 101, Wyman breaks down what jumped out to him about Amadi as he watched from his perch alongside Steve Raible, the voice of the Seahawks, as they called the game for the Seahawks Radio Network at Lumen Field on Sunday.
For more on Amadi’s emergence in 2020, check out this story from earlier this month. And for more Football 101 videos from Wyman, the former NFL linebacker and current co-host of 710 ESPN Seattle’s Wyman and Bob, click any of the links below.
Seahawks Football 101
• Week 1: Adams, Dunbar solve a play that has been Seattle’s problem
• Week 2: How Bobby Wagner helped seal a win on the final play vs. the Patriots
• Week 3: Team effort results in a safety against the Cowboys
• Week 4: How K.J. Wright and the defense solved Seattle’s big-play issues
• Week 5: How the defense came up clutch against the Vikings
• Week 7: Rookie LB Jordyn Brooks’ promising plays in Arizona
• Week 8: Why Bobby Wagner is the NFL’s best blitzing LB
• Week 9: What Carlos Dunlap adds that the defense needs
• Week 11: How K.J. Wright outplayed Kyler Murray
• Week 11 bonus: Proof that the defense’s new success is sustainable
• Week 12: Chris Carson is back, and this is how to use him
• Week 13: The defense’s crucial adjustment to Giants’ run game