ADVERTISEMENT

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks to be featured on HBO’s Hard Knocks, per reports

The Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks are set to make their debut on HBO's long-running Hard Knocks documentary series, per reports by multiple NFL insiders.

Watch: #Seahawks Preseason vs Titans: What We Want To See | 12 mins

For the first time in team history, the Seattle Seahawks will reportedly be featured on HBO’s long-running Hard Knocks series.

Seahawks Injury Updates: Latest on WR Horton, RB Charbonnet

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported Monday night that the Super Bowl-champion Seahawks will be on the next edition of Hard Knocks, which will take place during training camp this summer.

Pelissero also reported that the New England Patriots, who the Seahawks beat in the Super Bowl last month, will be the subject of Hard Knocks during training camp ahead of the 2027 season.

ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN’s Adam Schefter also reported the news Monday night.

Hard Knocks is a reality sports documentary series that follows an NFL team for an extended period, with actor Liev Schreiber narrating 55-minute episodes. The first season of Hard Knocks followed the Baltimore Ravens in 2001. There have been 26 seasons in total, most of which have covered teams during training camp. There have also been five in-season editions of Hard Knocks since 2021, including two that have covered entire divisions, as well as one offseason edition that featured the New York Giants in 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT

With the Seahawks and Patriots both set to be on the show for the first time, it cuts down the number of NFL teams to never be featured on a season of Hard Knocks from 10 to just eight. The remaining teams yet to be on a season are Denver, Jacksonville, Tennessee, San Francisco, Green Bay, Minnesota, Carolina and New Orleans.

The Seahawks didn’t have to participate in “Hard Knocks” for many years because of a rule giving a team the option if they made the playoffs each of the previous two seasons. That rule was changed a year ago.

Seattle has a handful of intriguing storylines ahead of the 2026 season. The Seahawks let running back and Super Bowl MVP Kenneth Walker III (Chiefs), safety Coby Bryant (Bears), linebacker Boye Mafe (Bengals), cornerback Riq Woolen (Eagles) and wide receiver Dareke Young (Raiders) all move on from the franchise in free agency.

It is also unclear how Seattle intends to replace Walker’s production, whether that’s by committee with the likes of Emanuel Wilson, who was signed in free agency after three seasons with the Green Bay Packers, George Holani and Kenny McIntosh, or if the injured Zach Charbonnet will become the main option once he’s healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Mike Macdonald told reporters at the NFL’s annual league meeting in Arizona that the Seahawks are expecting to have Charbonnet back at some point during the season.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Seattle Seahawks offseason coverage

• Seahawks’ Macdonald expects DeMarcus Lawrence back for ’26
• Seattle Seahawks’ ‘Barnyard’ play to remain legal for 2026
• 2 players keep coming up for Seattle Seahawks in mock drafts
• What Bump makes of Seattle Seahawks’ visit with RB Najee Harris
• GM says JSN’s high character key for Seattle Seahawks extension

Brent Stecker Editor, Seattle Sports

Brent Stecker is Lead Editor of SeattleSports.com, a role he has held since 2017. A native of Ephrata, Wash., he joined the Seattle Sports and MyNorthwest.com team in 2013 after six years as a sports reporter for The Wenatchee World.

Comments

0 Comments