Wyman’s Football 101: Where was Seahawks’ breakdown on Emmanuel Sanders’ 43-yard TD?
Sep 12, 2018, 11:47 AM
One of the most pivotal plays in the Seahawks’ Week 1 loss to the Broncos was a 43-yard touchdown reception by Denver wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders.
Seahawks’ Tre Flowers is his own harshest critic after Week 1 start
In the second quarter, Sanders found himself open in the middle of the field on a crossing route, caught a pass from Case Keenum, continued to cut towards the sideline, then turned upfield to the end zone. There was certainly a breakdown by the Seahawks’ defense on the play, but where?
In the first Football 101 video of the season by Seahawks radio color commentator Dave Wyman, he takes to the white board to try to diagnose where the problem was for Seattle and explains why pointing the finger isn’t always as easy as you might think when the defense gives up a big play.
If you’re looking for more on the Seahawks heading into Monday’s Week 2 matchup with the Chicago Bears, here are a few more posts to check out on 710Sports.com.
• Danny O’Neil: What We Learned | What We’re Trying to Figure Out
• John Clayton: What went right and wrong in Seahawks’ opener
• Injury update: Doug Baldwin likely to miss Monday’s game in Chicago
• Jim Moore: Seahawks’ Week 1 performance creates both hope, skepticism
• Stacy Rost: 3 takeaways from Seahawks’ loss to Denver
• Pete Carroll Show: On Russell Wilson | Notebook | Post-show video