Seahawks Game-Changing Plays: Bumpus on what made the difference
Oct 26, 2022, 1:47 PM
The Seahawks are alone in first place in the NFC West after beating the Los Angeles Chargers 37-23 to improve to 4-3 on the season last Sunday. As is always the case, there were a number of plays that jump out from the game as making all the difference in Seattle’s win.
Former NFL wide receiver Michael Bumpus is here to help you understand what that plays were, how they were executed, and why they were so important as he debuts his new video series for the Seattle Sports YouTube channel: Seahawks Game-Changing Plays.
In the video, which you can watch at this link or at the top of this post, Bump breaks down these three plays:
• Quinton Jefferson’s sack of Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert on third-and-5 in the fourth quarter (watch the full play here)
• Seattle’s stop of Los Angeles on fourth down to get the ball back later in that same drive in the fourth quarter (watch here)
• Tyler Lockett’s 12-yard catch from Geno Smith that extended a 10-minute drive (watch here)
You can catch Bump from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every weekday on Seattle Sports’ Bump and Stacy. He also hosts Hawks Live every Thursday night as well as the pregame, halftime and postgame shows during Seahawks Radio Network broadcasts.
For more Seahawks coverage from Seattle Sports, click any of the links below:
• Wyman’s Football 101: Kenneth Walker III breaking out for TDs
• FOX’s Mark Schlereth compares Geno’s Seahawks to Wilson’s Broncos so far
• Huard: A QB’s view of why Seahawks’ Geno Smith has been so good
• Bumpus: What stood out from Hawks’ defense in win over Chargers
• Rost: Seahawks flipped big questions to become one of NFL’s best stories