Seahawks Football 101: Rookie standout Jordyn Brooks flattens George Kittle
The rookie season of first-round Seahawks pick Jordyn Brooks has been full of eye-opening plays.
Well, add another to the list.
In Seattle’s 26-23 win over the San Francisco 49ers to close out the regular season Sunday, Brooks blasted through All-Pro tight end George Kittle en route to a tackle of running back Jeff Wilson. That was one of a team-high nine tackles for Brooks, who also saw more playing time than he had been this season.
As you might expect, former NFL linebacker and noted appreciator of physical football Dave Wyman was excited to break down that play by Brooks (watch here or here) in this week’s edition of Football 101. But Wyman didn’t just stop there.
In the video, Wyman also looks back at a Week 10 Seahawks loss to the Rams. And if you’re wondering why, it’s because Seattle is set for its third game of the season against Los Angeles in a wild-card playoff game on Saturday, and Brooks could be a big factor again for the Hawks.
Watch Football 101 in the player embedded at the top of this post, and catch Wyman either throughout the week on 710 ESPN Seattle’s Wyman and Bob (2-7 p.m. Monday-Friday) or on the Seahawks Radio Network broadcast of Saturday’s game, with coverage beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday on 710 ESPN Seattle and KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
More Seahawks Football 101
• Week 1: Adams, Dunbar solve a play that has been Seattle’s problem
• Week 2: How Bobby Wagner helped seal a win on the final play vs. the Patriots
• Week 3: Team effort results in a safety against the Cowboys
• Week 4: How K.J. Wright and the defense solved Seattle’s big-play issues
• Week 5: How the defense came up clutch against the Vikings
• Week 7: Rookie LB Jordyn Brooks’ promising plays in Arizona
• Week 8: Why Bobby Wagner is the NFL’s best blitzing LB
• Week 9: What Carlos Dunlap adds that the defense needs
• Week 11: How K.J. Wright outplayed Kyler Murray
• Week 11 bonus: Proof that the defense’s new success is sustainable
• Week 12: Chris Carson is back, and this is how to use him
• Week 13: The defense’s crucial adjustment to Giants’ run game
• Week 14: The emergence of Ugo Amadi
• Week 15: Jamal Adams does it all for Seattle at safety
• Week 16: Everyone played a part in keeping Rams out of the end zone