Groz: Can the impossible happen for the Mariners in this improbable year?
At this point, Mariners fans know the score. They’re in the thick of the playoff race in a shortened 60-game season that has opened the door for a team just like them to ride a hot streak right into the postseason.
We’re not getting ahead of ourselves, but even if we were, there are only 19 games to go and the M’s are the hottest team in baseball. Pretty soon you run out of track on the Dare to Dream Express and it turns into a dream fulfilled.
In this week’s Just a Minute with Dave “The Groz” Grosby, the original conductor of the Dare to Dream Express, shares his thoughts on what the M’s, winners of six straight games and 12 of their last 16, have done over the past few weeks and whether or not it’s time to buy into the upstart squad.
For more on the Mariners, click any of the links below.
Mariners coverage from 710Sports.com
• Drayer: Dare to dream? A look at what stands between M’s and playoffs
• Dipoto: How DH spot will play key role for Mariners going forward
• Mariners claim RHP Casey Sadler, activate OF Phillip Ervin
• Table Setter: Three questions for the final three weeks of the season
• Progress report: How Seattle’s rookie arms have looked in 2020