Mariners Video: Details on new M’s and influx of youth on coaching staff
The Mariners have been laying low early on this offseason, but with news breaking about Seattle’s coaching staff on Thursday, 710 ESPN Seattle put the band back together.
Mariners insider Shannon Drayer and Brock and Salk personality James “Boy Howdy” Osborn convened for a new edition of the Mariners Talk video podcast, a 45-minute discussion on all things relevant to Seattle baseball fans (plus a little bonus college football coverage).
Here’s a look at everything Shannon and Howdy look at in this episode:
• The interesting state of the AL West rival Astros after losing to the Nationals in the World Series.
• Housekeeping on the Mariners’ small roster moves that set up the official beginning of the offseason.
• What you need to know about waiver claim addition Phillips Valdéz, the Mariners’ first offseason addition.
• Details on Victor Labrada, the speedy 19-year-old Cuban outfielder Seattle signed as a prospect this week.
• A breakdown of all of the coaching staff changes that were announced Thursday, including Howdy’s take on what the Mariners going young in the dugout means for the franchise.
• In a short digression from the topic at hand, Shannon prompts fellow UW Huskies fan Howdy to go off on a “Two-Minute Husky Rant” about Washington’s football team.
• Finally it’s time for Howdy’s “Most Dangerous Game,” a brain-busting quiz on surprising facts from the 2019 Mariners season.
If you prefer an audio-only podcast version of the video, click here or listen in the player embedded below.
More Mariners coverage
• M’s sign 19-year-old Cuban outfielder Victor Labrada
• M’s make first move of their offseason with claim of RHP Phillips Valdéz
• Drayer: Those who encountered Ron Fairly hit the baseball sweepstakes
• Drayer: The M’s free agents and non-tender possibilities