Seahawks Game-Changing Plays: Breaking down Geno’s winning drive
Dec 6, 2022, 12:05 PM
Geno Smith had already done a lot of surprising and impressive things for the Seattle Seahawks before Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Rams, but there was one box left for him to check off.
If you watched the 27-23 Hawks win, you know that he took care of that.
Smith led a late game-winning drive for the first time since becoming Seattle’s starting quarterback, taking the Seahawks’ offense on a 10-play, 75-yard march down the field inside the final three minutes, culminating in an 8-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver DK Metcalf. The best part, other than it sealing the win for Seattle, is that Metcalf beat Rams All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey on that TD catch.
The drive gets the breakdown treatment from former NFL receiver Michael Bumpus in his latest Seahawks Game-Changing Plays video for the Seattle Sports YouTube channel. Bumpus, who now is a host on both the Seahawks radio pregame/postgame shows and Seattle Sports’ Bump and Stacy, puts three big gains from the go-ahead drive under the microscope.
• A 10-yard completion from Smith to Tyler Lockett on third-and-10 from the Rams’ 40
• A 17-yard pass from Smith to Marquise Goodwin on second-and-5 from the 25
• Metcalf’s 8-yard touchdown catch from Smith on first-and-goal
LET'S GOOOOOOOOO! FOR THE LEAD!
— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) December 5, 2022
For more from Bump, be sure to catch Bump and Stacy live from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every weekday on Seattle Sports 710 AM.
The Seahawks (7-5) return home to play the Carolina Panthers (4-8) at 1:25 p.m. Sunday. Bump will get things started with the pregame broadcast at 10 a.m. on Seattle Sports 710 AM and KIRO Newsradio 97.3.
More on the Seahawks from Seattle Sports
• Pete Carroll: Tariq Woolen has ‘legitimate chance’ to be dominant
• Carroll Show: Importance of Seahawks’ win over Rams, Geno’s big finish
• Injuries: Updates on Kenneth Walker III and rest of banged-up RBs
• What feels good and what doesn’t from the win over Rams