Mariners Breakdown: Who will step up to finish off M’s playoff push?
The Mariners had a rough weekend in Anaheim, losing the first three of a four-game set against the Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout-led Angels. But after a dominant 11-strikeout performance from Logan Gilbert and the bats breaking out in a big way for Monday’s 9-1 win in the series finale, the vibes are OK.
This week on Bob’s Baseball Breakdown, he shares his thoughts on:
• The aforementioned ‘vibe check’
• The value of veteran slugger Carlos Santana down the stretch
• Which team he’d prefer the Mariners match up with in the wild card round
• Whether he’s on Team Aaron Judge or Team Shohei Ohtani in the AL MVP debate
• What he wants to see from the M’s over the next two series before they return home
Subscribe to the Seattle Sports YouTube channel here so you never miss a video, and listen to Wyman and Bob from 2-7 p.m. Monday through Friday on Seattle Sports 710 AM.
The Mariners open a three-game series in Oakland the Athletics at 6:40 p.m. Tuesday. Coverage of every game will be on Seattle Sports 710 AM and streaming through SeattleSports.com and the Seattle Sports app for those in the Pacific Northwest beginning with the pregame show roughly an hour before first pitch.
More on the Mariners from Seattle Sports
• Servais: Julio ‘tentatively’ in M’s lineup for opener at A’s
• Top M’s prospect Harry Ford lighting up WBC qualifiers
• Fann: No panic — Mariners’ glass still half-full despite tough weekend
• Banged-up Mariners have 4 big question marks at crucial time
• Why Jarred Kelenic could get a big help from MLB’s shift rule
• Morosi: Mariners’ management of pitching staff deserves recognition