Talking Mariners Podcast: Potential targets, Griffey, Haniger and more
Back from a much-needed break, the first stop was the studio for the recording of a new episode of Talking Mariners with our good friend James “Boy Howdy” Osborn as we get ever closer to the start of the Hot Stove.
The 40-minute baseball conversation includes thoughts on a postseason that Howdy has warmed up to but I think is a most unfitting end to an otherwise spectacular season, the latest roster moves (and what more we could see before teams are allowed to add), the immediate impact of Ken Griffey Jr. becoming part of the Mariners ownership group, and a discussion of what doors Mitch Haniger’s Players’ Tribune article could open.
In the later part of the podcast, Howdy and I could not resist lighting the pilot light on the Hot Stove, addressing two areas of need and different approaches that could be taken in filling those spots. If all that wasn’t enough, while it’s not quite a bomb cyclone, the episode includes a three-minute discussion about another hazard I discovered while back east: acorns.
More Mariners coverage from 710Sports.com
• Morosi: Marcus Semien, Trevor Story make sense for Mariners to target
• Salk: Mitch Haniger, Jerry Dipoto sound more like they’re on same page
• Dipoto addresses how Mariners may find a fit in SS free-agency class
• Howdy: 3 headlines I want the M’s to make this offseason
• Brandon Gustafson: Is the future of Mariners OF as set as we thought?