Pete Carroll leading Seahawks back to playoffs really seems impressive on NFL’s Black Monday
On Sunday night, the Seahawks locked up the No. 5 seed out of the NFC in their return to the playoffs after missing out a season prior. The next day was the NFL’s Black Monday, where a number of head coaches – including Arizona’s Steve Wilks, who Seattle beat in Week 17 – were out of jobs.
And that’s where it’s really apparent just how fortunate Seattle is to have Pete Carroll as Seahawks head coach.
After sitting down with Carroll on Monday for the weekly Pete Carroll Show, Mike Salk and guest co-host Jake Heaps share what stood out to them from their conversation in the attached video. Well, what stood out to them besides the fact that Carroll may legitimately think Heaps is still on the Seahawks’ roster, that is.
(Note: Due to a power surge, there is a slight technical issue with the video.)
For more on the Seahawks heading into Saturday’s playoff game in Dallas, click on any of the links below.
• Moore: Don’t expect a repeat of Seahawks’ Week 3 win over Cowboys
• Takeaways: Seahawks’ Frank Clark, Jarran Reed reach career-highs in sacks
• Seahawks wrap up 10-win regular season with 27-24 win over Arizona
• 710 ESPN Seattle hosts react to Seahawks’ 27-24 win over Cards
• O’Neil: Ready or not? Seahawks head to playoffs after uneven win
• Photo gallery: Seahawks wrap up 5th seed with win over Cards