WYMAN AND BOB
Mariners Breakdown: Who goes and who stays, Castillo’s big debut
Aug 8, 2022, 3:52 PM | Updated: Aug 10, 2022, 3:21 pm
The Mariners are two-thirds of the way into the season, and the intrigue about the 59-51 team is as strong as its been at any point this year.
Sunday: Jesse Winker’s grand salami helps M’s drop Angels 6-3
With the addition of All-Star pitcher Luis Castillo and a few other trade pickups, plus a number of key players on their way back from the injured list, the team is starting to look a little different. That hasn’t completely taken shape on the field, however, where the M’s have been up and down, losing a series to the Astros, stealing one in New York from the Yankees, then splitting four games this weekend against a struggling Angels team.
There’s a lot to make sense of, which is exactly what Seattle Sports’ Bob Stelton does in his latest weekly video.
In this edition of Bob’s Baseball Breakdown, the longtime host of Wyman and Bob shares his thoughts on:
• The bad taste left by the series split with the Angels
• How desperate he is to see Julio Rodríguez get back
• Who should be sent down when Rodríguez and Dylan Moore are activated from the injured list
• Whether he dislikes the Astros or Angels more after M’s series against each in recent weeks
• What he thought of Castillo’s impressive debut for the M’s against the Yankees
For more Bob’s Baseball Breakdown videos, subscribe to the Seattle Sports YouTube channel at this link. And be sure to catch Wyman and Bob from 2-7 p.m. Monday through Friday on Seattle Sports Station 710 AM, SeattleSports.com and the Seattle Sports app.
More Mariners coverage from Seattle Sports
• Fann: Mariners are facing a Kyle Lewis conundrum
• How Mariners’ Adam Frazier found his groove at plate
• Mitch Haniger returns, Abraham Toro optioned to Triple-A
• “It’s just full circle”: Jake Lamb “feels like a kid” playing for hometown M’s
• As Mariners get healthy, what’s in store for France, Kelenic, Santana?