Dave Wyman’s Football 101: Difference between Seahawks’ D in win over Vikings and loss to 49ers
Every week, 710 ESPN Seattle’s Bob Stelton asks a question in his Quest for Truth, getting to the bottom of something about the Seahawks. This week, Bob asked Seahawks color commentator and former NFL linebacker Dave Wyman what the difference was for the Seahawks’ defense from their 21-7 win over Minnesota in Week 14 and 26-23 overtime loss to the 49ers on Sunday.
To help answer that question, in Wyman’s weekly Football 101 video he broke down a play from the 49ers game that was pretty telling: San Francisco tight end Garrett Celek’s 41-yard touchdown reception from quarterback Nick Mullens. Specifically, Wyman shows what wasn’t getting done on the defensive side for the Seahawks in the defeat at Levi’s Stadium.
For more on the 8-6 Seahawks’ loss to the 49ers and what stands in front of them over the final two weeks of the season, click any of the links below.
• Clayton: Seahawks’ D-line, secondary going in opposite directions
• Who is Seahawks’ unsung hero? Heaps, Salk tackle that question and more
• Carroll: Griffin’s DPI play was ‘perfectly executed’
• Moore: Despite loss, Hawks’ ‘transitional’ season could be one of their best
• Carroll makes no excuses made for loss to 49ers
• Seahawks-49ers Takeaways: Penalties overshadow 3 standouts
• O’Neil: Hawks did enough to beat themselves, but officials helped