Richard Sherman discusses return to Seattle in interview with John Clayton to air Thursday
Richard Sherman will come to CenturyLink Field as a member of the visiting team for the first time in his career Sunday when his San Francisco 49ers take on the Seahawks. But before that game, you’ll get a chance to hear what’s on Sherman’s mind.
Sherman joins John Clayton for an interview that will air Thursday on 710 ESPN Seattle, discussing his return to Seattle and what he expects when he faces old teammates like Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin.
In a sneak peak of Sherman’s chat with Clayton, here’s what the three-time first-team All-Pro has to say about his departure from the Seahawks last offseason:
“I look back at the memories fondly. I think it’s unfortunate that it had to end the way that it did. I think that a lot of people would have assumed that they wouldn’t cut me, especially while a guy’s injured and rehabbing, trying to get back. But unfortunately they did, and it’s one of those things you just gotta kinda roll with the punches and continue to push forward. Thankfully I got a chance to sign with the San Francisco 49ers and get the chance to continue my football career.”
For more on the Seahawks, click any of the links below.
• Wyman’s Football 101: Seahawks won’t be facing same Richard Sherman
• Clayton: We’re watching Pete Carroll’s best season as Seahawks coach
• Tyler Lockett breaks down Allen Iverson-esque TD celebration
• O’Neil: Let’s retire narrative that Russell Wilson needs a great defense
• Sebastian Janikowski: ’30-yarders to win, I’ll take that any day’
- Tune in to 710 ESPN Seattle on Saturday mornings for The John Clayton Show.