WYMAN AND BOB
Mariners Breakdown: Who looks best, worst following Angels brawl
So, anything interesting happen this weekend with the Mariners?
Mike Salk Show: M’s seemed set up by Angels, put into no-win situation
Certainly the talk right now about the team centers around Sunday’s brawl with the Angels in Anaheim, the first significant on-field fight for the M’s in over a decade. And we have just the person to break it down: Bob Stelton, our resident UFC expert and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner.
OK, maybe we don’t get too much into the specifics of the fighting styles in our latest Bob’s Baseball Breakdown video, but trust me when I say Bob has a lot of opinions about what went down Sunday – and the events that led up to the tensions boiling over between the two American League West rivals.
In the video embedded at the top of this post, Bob shares his thoughts on:
• Whether the Angels were completely to blame for the incident (Spoiler: Uh… yeah, they were)
• The Angels’ decision to switch to an opener instead of their scheduled starting pitcher
• The biggest villains to come out of the skirmish
• How the Mariners that played prominent roles in the brawl come out looking
• The state of the Mariners’ lineup with Jesse Winker and J.P. Crawford both likely to receive suspensions
Bob’s Baseball Breakdown is a weekly video where with the Wyman and Bob co-host answers a number of questions about the Mariners. Keep an eye on the Seattle Sports YouTube channel for a new episode each week, and listen to Wyman and Bob from 2-7 p.m. Monday through Friday on Seattle Sports Station 710 AM.
For more on the Mariners, click any of the links below:
• What They Said: Mariners, Angels, umpire crew chief on Sunday’s brawl
• M’s fan sends Jesse Winker pizza in clubhouse after ejection
• Angels top Seattle 2-1 to avoid sweep after lengthy brawl
• Drayer: How the starting rotation has gone on a franchise-best run
• Don’t You Forget About Me: The most slept on M’s and Seahawks