WYMAN AND BOB
Mariners Breakdown: Where does blame belong for season’s stumbles?
The Mariners get a much needed day off Monday, giving them a break in between a thoroughly disappointing homestand where they lost three straight series and the start of a road trip Tuesday night in Oakland.
Trout hits fifth HR in series, Angels shut out Mariners 4-0
Seattle now sits at 29-39, a full 10 games under .500 and 13 games behind American League West-leading Houston. Where does the blame belong for the Mariners’ stumbles in a year where they had expectations to compete for the postseason?
That’s among the questions we asked Bob Stelton of Seattle Sports’ Wyman and Bob in the latest edition of Bob’s Baseball Breakdown, our video series where we pepper the most question-happy person on our staff with questions of our own.
Bob doesn’t hold back this week, as he shares his thoughts on the most frustrating part of this season, what changes should be on the table, and how he balances the Mariners’ disappointing record with the promising developments of several homegrown M’s players.
Watch the video at the top of this post, and for more on the Mariners from SeattleSports.com, click any of the links below:
• M’s Moves: Giles, Padlo added; Romo, Elías DFA
• M’s Minors Check-In: How Kelenic, Brash, top prospects are doing
• Mariners recall Justin Upton, option Sam Haggerty to Triple-A
• Blowers: Lineup woes “even worse” because of Seattle’s stellar pitching
• Why is Logan Gilbert so dominant? Likely All-Star explains his technique