Seahawks Football 101: How Tariq Woolen got his pick-6 vs Lions
With the Seahawks’ 2022 season in the books, former NFL linebacker Dave Wyman is looking back on some of his favorite plays of the year.
One that really stood out to Wyman is a play that rookie cornerback Tariq Woolen made in a Week 5 win over the Detroit Lions.
Woolen was a ballhawk for the Seahawks in 2022, recording six interceptions and breaking up a number of passes as he earned Pro Bowl honors despite being a rookie fifth-round pick.
One of those six picks came in Detroit at the start of the second half, and that interception was of the pick-6 variety as Woolen ran by the Lions’ offense to score his first NFL touchdown.
TARIQ WOOLEN PICK-6 🔥 @_Tariqwoolen
— NFL (@NFL) October 2, 2022
In Wyman’s latest Football 101 video breakdown, the co-host of Seattle Sports 710 AM’s Wyman and Bob and color commentator for Seahawks radio broadcasts alongside Steve Raible takes a closer look at Woolen, his technique and ability to read the opposing quarterback, and ultimately how he made a big play that helped Seattle come away with the win.
You can watch and listen to Wyman’s full breakdown at this link or in the video player at the top of this story.
More Seahawks coverage from Seattle Sports
• Huard: Two draft prospects Hawks shouldn’t pass on if available
• Why Jamal Adams’ future will be a conversation for Seattle
• Bump’s Breakdown: Grading 2022 Hawks’ offense, defense, STs
• Salk: Could Hawks close the gap faster by not paying Geno Smith?
• Fann: The top four Hawks storylines for this offseason
• NFL Draft: Two position groups deep with unique high-end talent
• Rost: What are the Seahawks’ options with QB Geno Smith?