Clayton thinks Seahawks won’t re-sign Raheem Brock
By Brady Henderson
ESPN’s John Clayton thinks Raheem Brock’s age — and not necessarily his recent arrest over a bar tap dispute — will keep the Seahawks from trying to re-sign the veteran defensive end when free agency begins.
“I think their minds are pretty much made up that they weren’t going to sign him,” Clayton said Monday on the Kevin Calabro Show. “Now if he would go out in free agency and get nothing I think they would take him back, but I don’t think he was on their big list as far as bringing him back because No.1 he’s older, and even though he was great in what he was able to do last year and surprised everybody being such a good sack guy, I think they wanted to get younger and go in a different direction.”
Brock, 33, spent last season with the Seahawks and set a career-high with nine sacks, second on the team to Chris Clemons’ 11. Brock added two more sacks in the playoffs.
He was arrested last week and charged with theft of services and resisting arrest after he was accused of walking out on a bar tab in his hometown of Philadelphia. Clayton doesn’t think that incident will incur a suspension from the league.
Update: Brock tweeted a response Monday to Clayton’s thoughts: “Idk…maybe he knows somethin I don’t”
You might also be interested in…
Seahawks WR Golden Tate says he’s ready for bigger role