Mocking the sod state of affairs at Levi’s Stadium
By Andy Bunker
With the 49ers having to cut a practice short due to players slipping on the turf at brand-new Levi’s Stadium, we came up with a few mock headlines.
• Grass stains: Niners’ new Levi’s already dirty
• Niners order stronger grass; Steelers’ Bell, Blount ask for trade to San Francisco
• Grass-roots effort: Harbaugh seeding with anger
• Bad fit: Levi’s Stadium a pain in the grass
• 49ers practice cancelled; players tripping on bad grass
• Levi’s Stadium turf receding faster than Vernon Davis’ hairline
• Niners players: ‘Chunky sod still better than paying on baseball infield’
• Harbaugh removes grass; too risky near new khakis
Andy Bunker is the new producer of “Brock and Salk”. Follow Andy on Twitter @MrAndyBunker.