Bump’s Breakdown: How Fant and Lockett came up big for Seahawks in Detroit
Sep 21, 2023, 10:30 AM | Updated: 10:35 am
It took until overtime, but the Seattle Seahawks were able to leave Detroit with a much-needed 37-31 win over the Lions on Sunday.
In that shootout, Seattle got key contributions from two of quarterback Geno Smith’s top targets. Those two players? Tight end Noah Fant and wide receiver Tyler Lockett, who caught the game-winning touchdown in overtime, his second score of the day.
So what exactly did Fant and Lockett do in crucial plays to help Seattle come away with a big win over a very good Lions team?
Former NFL receiver Michael Bumpus breaks down the film on three big plays and why they were part of the reason the Seahawks were able to beat the Lions.
What can this offense take from Week 2 and apply it to the rest of the season? Watch his full breakdown here now and don’t forget to listen to Bumpus on Bump and Stacy every weekday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. only on Seattle Sports.
More on the Seattle Seahawks
• Rost: 2 Seattle Seahawks who can have a big game in Week 3
• Seahawks’ TEs showed why they can be key to offense
• Seattle Seahawks’ Carroll ‘really proud’ of DK Metcalf’s Week 2 showing
• Carroll and Belichick, NFL’s coaches over 70, are still competing
• Seahawks back on track after adjustments, Wagner’s motivation
• Seahawks beat Lions: What’s sticking with us the morning after
• How Seahawks CBs Witherspoon, Tre Brown did in Week 2 win
• With Seahawks’ top OTs out, Geno and O-line nearly perfect in thrilling win
• Instant Reaction: Seahawks take down Lions 37-31 in overtime
• The Big Plays: Seattle Seahawks beat Lions 37-31 in OT