Seahawks 2020 preseason schedule set with games to start in August
The Seahawks have something set for what as this point is a candidate to serve as the return of pro Seattle sports.
The team announced its full preseason schedule on Tuesday afternoon, with a home game against the Raiders scheduled for 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 13.
That exhibition game will go into the record books, as it will be the first contest in the history of the Las Vegas Raiders. The franchise has relocated for the third time ahead of the 2020 season after a 24-year stint in Oakland (1995-2019), which followed 12 years in Los Angeles (1982-94) and an initial 21-year run in Oakland (1960-81).
The Seahawks will be back in action nine days later in a 5 p.m. game in Houston against the Texans on Saturday, Aug. 22. They then will have a short turnaround and return to CenturyLink Field for a 7 p.m. game against the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday, Aug. 27. A 5 p.m. road game on Thursday, Sept. 3 against the Minnesota Vikings will serve as the preseason finale.
The NFL’s regular season schedules were released earlier this month. Before Tuesday, preseason opponents were known but not the dates, times and venues of the games.
All Seahawks games – preseason, regular season and postseason – air live on 710 ESPN Seattle and KIRO Radio 97.3 FM with former wide receiver Steve Raible, the voice of the Seahawks, on play-by-play duties. He is joined by color commentator Dave Wyman, a former Seahawks linebacker and longtime 710 ESPN Seattle host, currently of Bob, Dave and Moore.
While the dates and times are set, there is no telling what the stadiums will look like once the preseason rolls around because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Could they be empty, with sparsely populated crowds, or will things will be back to business as usual? All are possible at this point.
Here’s a look at the Seahawks’ full preseason and regular season schedules:
• Game 1, Aug. 13: Seahawks vs. Las Vegas Raiders (7 p.m.)
• Game 2, Aug. 22: Seahawks at Houston Texas (5 p.m.)
• Game 3, Aug. 27: Seahawks vs. Los Angeles Chargers (7 p.m.)
• Game 4, Sept. 3: Seahawks at Minnesota Vikings (5 p.m.)
— Seahawks PR (@seahawksPR) May 19, 2020
All games Sunday unless otherwise noted
• Week 1, Sept. 13: Seattle at Atlanta Falcons
• Week 2, Sept. 20: Seattle vs New England Patriots – Sunday Night Football
• Week 3, Sept. 27: Seattle vs Dallas Cowboys
• Week 4, Oct. 4: Seattle at Miami Dolphins
• Week 5, Oct. 11: Seattle vs Minnesota Vikings – Sunday Night Football
• Week 6: BYE WEEK
• Week 7, Oct. 25: Seattle at Arizona Cardinals
• Week 8, Nov. 1: Seattle vs San Francisco 49ers
• Week 9, Nov. 8: Seattle at Buffalo Bills
• Week 10, Nov. 15: Seattle at Los Angeles Rams
• Week 11, Nov. 19: Seattle vs Arizona Cardinals – Thursday Night Football
• Week 12, Nov. 30: Seattle at Philadelphia Eagles – Monday Night Football
• Week 13, Dec. 6: Seattle vs New York Giants
• Week 14, Dec. 13: Seattle vs New York Jets
• Week 15, Dec. 20: Seattle at Washington Redskins
• Week 16, Dec. 27: Seattle vs Los Angeles Rams
• Week 17, Jan. 3: Seattle at San Francisco 49ers