Groz’s Just A Minute: Seahawks-49ers deserves to be made into a trilogy
The first time the Seahawks and 49ers met this season was an instant classic that took all 10 minutes of overtime to be settled as a 27-24 Seattle victory.
The second matchup on Sunday night went all the way down to the wire, too, with a potential missed pass interference call and a costly delay of game penalty both factoring into the final result, a 25-21 San Francisco win.
Now as the 49ers go into the playoffs on a bye as the NFC’s top seed and the fifth-seeded Seahawks prepare for a first-round game on the road against the Philadelphia, the two NFC West rivals sit at 1-1 against each other.
Sure would be nice if they had to play a rubbber match, don’t you know? That’s what 710 ESPN Seattle’s Dave “The Groz” Grosby says in this week’s Just A Minute video.
There’s a pretty good chance that third meeting could happen with everything on the line, too. If the Seahawks beat the Eagles next Sunday and third-seeded New Orleans beats No. 6 Minnesota, Seattle will head back to the Bay Area for a second-round playoff battle that would turn this year’s epic Hawks-Niners rivalry into a trilogy.
Watch the video featuring Groz’s big head embedded in this post.
More Seahawks coverage
• Notebook: Hawks ready for ‘new season’ in playoffs after loss to 49ers
• Hawksplaining: Seahawks’ mistakes of the past linger in Week 17 loss
• 3 Key Moments: Delay of game helps sink Seattle
• Hawks will go on road, play NFC East champion Eagles in playoffs
• Instant Reaction: 710 ESPN Seattle on Seahawks’ loss
• Seahawks fall an inch short of NFC West title vs 49ers