Seahawks vs 49ers flexed to Sunday Night Football
Next Sunday’s matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers will determine the NFC West crown and potentially a first-round playoff bye. Fittingly, that game will now be on prime time.
Initially reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter and later confirmed by the Seahawks, the contest between the two NFC West powerhouses will kickoff at 5:20 p.m. PST rather than the initially slated 1:25 p.m. PST kickoff.
The last time these two teams squared off was also prime time, a Monday Night Football overtime thriller that Seattle won 27-24. Week 17 will be Seattle’s fifth game in prime time this year, and the third that has been in Seattle.
The Seahawks initially were supposed to have another game be on Sunday Night Football in Week 12 against the Eagles, but that was moved to 10 a.m. PST in favor of Green Bay vs San Francisco.
The 49ers won Saturday against the Los Angeles Rams, putting them a half game above Seattle in the standings at 12-3.
Seattle plays the Arizona Cardinals at home at 1:25 p.m. PST today, and a win would get Seattle to 12-3 as well. Since Seattle beat San Francisco in Week 10, Seattle would be up in the standings. If the Cardinals beat the Seahawks, Seattle would be one game behind in the standings, but a win over San Francisco in Week 17 would clinch the division since Seattle would have the tiebreaker over San Francisco.
For information on how to listen to today’s game against the Cardinals, visit this link.
More Seahawks coverage
• Russell Wilson can break another record this Sunday
• If Seahawks have 2 Pro Bowlers to Ravens’ 12, shouldn’t Wilson be MVP?
• Hawks benefiting from close games, though decisive wins would ‘be fun’
• The 3 Questions: Should Hawks brace for another weird one vs Cards?
• What should the Seattle do with Chris Carson’s contract?
• Which Seahawks can be ‘dark horse’ contributors going forward?
• Clayton: Seahawks will be tested by injuries, suspensions against Cardinals
• Carroll: Seahawks geared up and ready for strong home finish