Heaps: How Seahawks spent their time setting up David Moore’s 60-yard TD
Dec 5, 2019, 12:36 PM
The Seahawks had a lot of big plays on offense in their Monday night win over the Minnesota Vikings, as evidenced by the 37 points they put on the scoreboard. Still, it’s easy to point out Seattle’s biggest offensive play in the Week 13 victory.
O’Neil’s 3 Questions: Will Seahawks’ Tyler Lockett get back to full speed?
Wide receiver David Moore used his speed to get behind the Vikings’ secondary and haul in a long bomb from quarterback Russell Wilson, resulting in a 60-yard touchdown catch that at the time very much looked like a back-breaker for Minnesota’s chances, putting the Seahawks ahead 27-17 with five seconds left in the third quarter.
LET'S GO! What a bomb right into the hands of David Moore! 🙌
Q3: SEA 27, MIN 17 pic.twitter.com/iWYXxcjiba
— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) December 3, 2019
As you might expect, former Seahawks quarterback and current Tom, Jake and Stacy host Jake Heaps was eager to examine Moore’s touchdown in his latest video breakdown for 710Sports.com – but for a reason you might not expect. That’s because there was much more that went into the big pass than the play itself.
The Seahawks mainly rode a strong run game to the win over Minnesota, and as Heaps shows in this video, they spent the entire game to that point setting up a chance to get Moore open downfield for a Wilson pass.
Check out the video embedded in this post, and listen to the Seahawks’ upcoming game on 710 ESPN Seattle and KIRO Radio 97.3 FM against the Los Angeles Rams at 5:20 p.m. Sunday. Coverage begins at 2 p.m. Sunday with the pregame show.
For more video breakdowns from this Seahawks season, click any of the links below.
• Wyman: What went wrong and right for Seahawks secondary vs Minnesota
• Wyman: Why Quandre Diggs is already important part of Seahawks’ defense
• Wyman: Seahawks’ defense has found its recipe for success
• Heaps: Why you should want Russell Wilson to win the MVP award
• Heaps: The keys to new WR Josh Gordon’s 2 critical catches
• Wyman: A 3rd DL deserves credit for Reed strip sack, Clowney TD
• Wyman: Are Seattle’s problems against the pass fixable?
• Heaps: What was so impressive about DK Metcalf’s 2 TDs
• Wyman: How LB Mychal Kendricks made right read on INT
• Heaps: How Lamar Jackson beat Seattle time and again on 3rd down
• Wyman: Why Ravens scored on Hawks with 4th down TD run
• Heaps: Why Tyler Lockett is so valuable when Russell Wilson scrambles
• Wyman: Don’t point the finger on Hawks giving up 2 straight big plays
• Wyman: Seahawks can get run game going with this technique
• Heaps: Why DK Metcalf and Will Dissly are feasting in Seattle’s offense
• Wyman: 4 plays the Hawks won by inches to defeat the Rams
• Heaps: What Hawks did vs Cards that could lead to more success
• Wyman: Linebacker K.J. Wright is ‘having his best year’
• Heaps: Why Will Dissly has emerged as valuable offensive weapon
• Wyman: Russell Wilson’s historic game and perfect pass to Metcalf
• Heaps: How Russell Wilson read Steelers’ defense so well in 28-26 win
• Heaps: How Tyler Lockett got so open for go-ahead TD
• Wyman: Hawks already trying new things with Jadeveon Clowney
Follow 710 ESPN Seattle’s Jake Heaps on Twitter.