Seahawks rule out Quinton Jefferson, Lano Hill for Sunday at Falcons
The Seahawks will try to get their pass rush on track without one of their most key contributors on the defensive line on Sunday.
Defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson, who has been a bit of a breakout player for the Seahawks in his fourth season, has been ruled out for Seattle’s Week 8 game in Atlanta with an oblique injury that kept him from practicing all week.
Also ruled out Friday for Sunday’s game is safety Lano Hill, who will miss his second straight game with an elbow injury. Like Jefferson, Hill did not practice at all this week.
The Seahawks have a lengthy list of questionable players, as well. They are:
• Left tackle Duane Brown, who was a limited participant in practice this week after missing two games with a biceps injury.
• Defensive end Ziggy Ansah, who missed last week’s game with an ankle injury and was also limited this week.
• Right tackle Germain Ifedi, who appeared on the injury report Thursday with a knee issue.
• Safety Bradley McDougald, who sat out last week’s game with a back injury, missed practice Wednesday and was limited Thursday.
• Cornerback Tre Flowers, who was limited in practice with a neck injury.
• New safety Quandre Diggs, who was limited in his first two practices with Seattle due to a hamstring injury he has dealt with this season.
The best news for Seattle is that right guard D.J. Fluker (hamstring) was a full participant in practice this week and should see his first action on Sunday since Week 5.
Quarterback Russell Wilson, who appeared on the injury report this week with a knee issue, appears to be ready to go after practicing fully this week, but the same can’t be said for Atlanta QB Matt Ryan, who is questionable with an ankle injury.
Also for the Falcons, guard James Carpenter (a former Seahawk) has been ruled out with a knee injury, as has cornerback Desmond Trufant, a Tacoma native and former UW Huskies standout, with a toe injury. Additionally, cornerback Ito Smith (concussion) has been ruled out.
More Seahawks coverage
• Clayton: The keys to Seahawks at Falcons in Week 8
• If Seahawks make another trade, what position needs the most help?
• Moore: Can Hawks sustain their pace or are there too many concerns?
• Why Duane Brown’s biceps injury needs to improve right away
• TE Ed Dickson expect to return next week
• 3 Questions: How will Quandre Diggs fit in Hawks’ secondary?