Jake Heaps breaks down DK Metcalf’s Seahawks debut, OL and safety issues
The Seahawks may be 1-0 after their Week 1 win over the Cincinnati Bengals, but it wasn’t exactly the most confidence-instilling victory. What are the big issues heading into Week 2? And what should we make of Seattle’s standouts against the Bengals?
Seahawks insider Jake Heaps joined Bob, Groz and Tom for his weekly visit Tuesday on 710 ESPN Seattle, and the former NFL and NCAA quarterback went in-depth on anything and everything you need to know going into next Sunday’s Seahawks game against the Steelers.
In the attached podcast, Heaps breaks down:
• Why the offensive line struggled against the Bengals
• Tedric Thompson’s rough game and Seattle’s ultimate answer at safety
• Why he’s so impressed by Seattle’s defensive line
• How he grades the performance of Russell Wilson, DK Metcalf and the offense
• Why Wilson didn’t run the ball more on Sunday
• What stands out from DK Metcalf’s record-setting Seahawks debut
• Most importantly, how Heaps re-heats pizza
You can listen to the full segment either in the embedded YouTube video above or in podcast form here.