Seahawks Roundtable: Breaking down OTAs, Bobby Wagner and more
Seahawks OTAs began Monday, and on Tuesday the team opened its practice to the media. Three of the members of the 710 ESPN Seattle who were there – Dave Wyman of Danny, Dave and Moore and the color commentator for Seahawks radio broadcasts, Stacy Rost of 710Sports.com and Seattle Sports at Night, and Maura Dooley of the John Clayton Show – convened the next day to discuss all things Seahawks.
Welcome to our first Seahawks Roundtable on 710Sports.com.
The trio break down their takeaways from the first open OTA session, talk about the rookies that could make an impact, and they even discuss the viability of Seattle trying to sign six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, who was released earlier this week by Tampa Bay.
Here’s a look at just some of the topics covered in the video embedded in this post:
• Why this is Pete Carroll’s “most ready to go” rookie class
• The injuries that were revealed this week
• How Bobby Wagner is taking his role as a leader seriously
• The key spots where opportunities are being opened up
• Position battles that are brewing
• What Wagner is looking for in a contract extension
More Seahawks coverage
• John Clayton’s observations from Seahawks’ 1st open OTA
• Huard: Wagner’s compromise at OTAs ‘best news’ right now
• Notebook: OTAs bring injury news, updates on Wagner’s contract
• Hawks could really use Gerald McCoy, but can they get him?