Pete Carroll previews Seahawks-Cardinals
Dec 28, 2018, 10:44 AM | Updated: 3:17 pm
The Seahawks are heading into their regular season finale against the Cardinals having already clinched a playoff berth. This Sunday will determine whether Seattle holds onto the fifth Wild Card spot — in which case they would head to Dallas to face the Cowboys next weekend — or slips to the sixth seed.
The Seahawks are 13.5 point favorites over the three-win Cardinals, but they could also be entering another game short a couple starters on their offensive line. Head coach Pete Carroll joined KIRO Radio’s Dori Monson Friday morning to preview the game and offer a few injury updates.
“(Guard J.R.) Sweezy’s pretty sore,” Carroll said. “It’s going to be hard for him to make it this week. He’s got a chance to make it for the next week, but this week’s going to be tough on him…
“(Guard) D.J. Fluker’s not quite sure yet, we’ll figure out at the end of the week whether he can do it. Last week he worked out on gameday and came through it. He had a couple good steps forward during this week in terms of his rehab and being able to help him with some things on his hamstring. So there’s a good hope, but we’ll have to wait and see right up to (gametime).”
Meanwhile, the team could see the return of right tackle Germain Ifedi, who was sidelined last week by a groin injury but was a full participant in practice this week. Carroll said safety Tedric Thompson (chest) will be a gametime decision, while wide receiver Doug Baldwin (shoulder) will also go to gametime but “plans on playing” and made it through the week of practice.
You can hear Pete Carroll’s full interview on KIRO Radio at 12:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 28.
For more Seahawks coverage, click any of the links below.
• Jim Moore’s Hawks-Cards preview: No more underestimating Hawks
• Seahawks’ Ifedi, Thompson both return to practice
• Has Pete Carroll’s Seahawks legacy eclipsed his legacy with USC?
• Cardinals sign Pro Bowl alternate DJ Swearinger ahead of playing Seahawks
• Seahawks sign Pete Carroll to multi-year contract extension
• After Seahawks clinch playoffs, we’re getting into the Pete Carroll spirit
• Pete Carroll’s Seahawks ‘right where we want to be’
• Moore: Hawks no borderline playoff team – they’re Super Bowl contenders
• Clayton: Turnaround from 0-2 start complete for playoffs-bound Seahawks
• O’Neil: Seahawks’ remarkable feat was transforming without tanking