Dave Wyman’s Football 101: Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner team up on Seahawks’ 4th-down stop
The Seahawks’ 21-7 win over the Vikings is what Dave Wyman calls a beautiful game. That’s because as a former NFL linebacker, Dave likes defense. And there were a lot of great defensive plays, especially from Seattle, on Monday night at CenturyLink Field.
One of those plays was a big stop on fourth down in the third quarter by Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner and defensive end Frank Clark that gave the Seahawks the ball back and prevented Minnesota from getting into field goal range at a time when the Vikings trailed just 3-0.
In this week’s installment of Football 101, the radio color commentator of the Seahawks breaks down why the play the Vikings called had no chance from the start and how Wagner and Clark executed so well to combine on the tackle.
For more Seahawks coverage, click any of the links below.
• Seahawks notebook: LB Mychal Kendricks (knee) heading to IR
• Clayton: On brink of clinching playoffs, it’s a new era for Seahawks
• Seahawks T George Fant surprised, but grateful, for first career catch
• The Seahawks’ clear identity in December is a great sign
• Carroll on Wagner’s controversial blocked FG: ‘It’s a judgment call’