Report: Seahawks talking to ‘several teams’ about Earl Thomas trade
The Seahawks are reportedly still open to a 2018 season without All-Pro free safety Earl Thomas.
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Seahawks are in discussions with “multiple teams” about a trade of Thomas and are seeking both a first-round and a third-round draft pick in return.
La Canfora added that the Dallas Cowboys are among the teams the Seahawks are talking to.
Cowboys are among the teams with interest in Earl Thomas, I'm told. They are hardly alone
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 15, 2018
Dallas would make sense as a landing spot for Thomas considering the Texas native told Cowboys coach Jason Garrett to “come get me” after Seattle’s game against the Cowboys on Dec. 24.
Thomas’ future in Seattle has been up in the air since that Dallas game, but speculation on him ending up elsewhere was further fueled when he told ESPN, “As far as my future in Seattle, I think if they want me, you know, money talks,” at the Pro Bowl in January.
Thomas has expressed his desire on several occasions to sign a long-term deal before next season. He is entering the last year of a four-year, $40 million contract extension he signed after the 2014 season.
A first-round draft pick in 2010 by the Seahawks, Thomas is a three-time first-team All-Pro and six-time Pro Bowler.