Mariners announce promotions in baseball operations department
Jan 23, 2017, 4:29 PM | Updated: 5:01 pm
The Mariners have announced the following changes in their baseball operations department:
• Jack Mosimann, who had spent the past four seasons as the Mariners’ player development assistant, has been promoted to director of Major League operations. His duties will include serving as a liaison between the major league team, manager and staff and the front office. He will also oversee clubhouse and video operations.
• Jesse Smith, who began his Mariners career as a baseball ops intern in 2012 before taking a full-time position as a quantitative analyst, has been promoted to director of baseball analytics. Smith will be responsible for leading the analytics group and devising strategy and research to maximize the information available in the areas of player development, acquisition and on field advantage.
• James Roche has been hired to fill Mosimann’s previous position of player development coordinator.
• Joel Firman, a baseball analytics intern in 2016, has been hired as a quantitative analyst.
• Ian Shaw, a former video scouting intern, has been named coordinator of professional and international scouting.
• Tim Stanton has been promoted to coordinator of amateur scouting.