Wyman: Cover-2-man and the Kam Chancellor intimidation factor
Former Seahawk Golden Tate was responsible for the first of four Detroit drops in Saturday’s wild-card game, letting a third-and-7 slant pass on the opening possession bounce off his hands. Dave Wyman breaks the play down in the video above. He details the coverage Seattle was in – 2-man – and shows how strong Kam Chancellor may have affected Tate with his positioning before the snap.
Here are Wyman’s earlier videos:
• How Bobby Wagner, Seahawks stuffed Rams on fourth down
• Why K.J. Wright is the Seahawks’ ‘screen master’
• Breaking down one play from K.J. Wright’s best game
• Cover three the intimidation factor of Earl Thomas
• Leverage, spill and how the Seahawks lost contain vs. New England