Talking Mariners Podcast: What kind of players are M’s looking for?
Nov 11, 2022, 9:30 AM
(Photo by Steph Chambers/Getty Images)
It’s that time again. With the return of the hot stove season comes Talking Mariners, our hot stove-focused podcast.
This year, there’s a new voice joining me to talk all things Mariners offseason: Curtis Rogers, who you’ll know from Seattle Sports’ Bump and Stacy and as a host of the pregame and postgame shows on the Mariners Radio Network.
Episode 1 is a bit of a primer for what could come this winter in Seattle. Mariners president of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto and general manager Justin Hollander have outlined specific needs for the team and have been clear that they will utilize free agency and trades to complete the 2023 roster. How big of a player will they be in the market for, and how far could they dip into their talent pool if the right player is available in trade? A couple of key topics we explore.
• Mitch Haniger, are they in or out?
• Could we see a surprise with the pitching?
• Is J.P. Crawford truly locked in at shortstop? (Plus a new wrinkle at second base.)
• The Astros aren’t the only problem – two teams to watch this winter that could be of impact to the Mariners’ postseason hopes in 2023.
The podcast can be found in the player below, and you can subscribe to the podcast through Apple at this link.
More on the Mariners from Seattle Sports
• MLB Network’s Jon Morosi details M’s rumblings from GM meetings
• Fann: Free agent wish list for a pivotal offseason in M’s history
• Salk: Seattle’s route from good to great may not be big free agents
• M’s add pair of pitchers; Sadler, Borucki elect free agency
• ESPN’s Passan: Mariners have two paths to a successful offseason