Mariners Breakdown: ALDS reaction, what’s next, message to Astros
The 2022 Mariners season was a wild ride, but it had to come to a stop eventually. That stop came on Saturday night after 18 innings in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Houston Astros.
That 1-0 Astros win capped off a series sweep, making for a bitter pill to swallow after the final out in the first home postseason game for the Mariners in 21 years.
We don’t have to dwell on the negatives, though, and in the latest edition of Bob’s Baseball Breakdown, Seattle Sports’ Bob Stelton has plenty of good to say about what the 2022 M’s did.
He also has some words for the Astros and their fanbase – though he admits to being glad about one thing when it comes to the rivalry, and that’s simply that it exists now.
In the video, which you can watch at this link or at the top of this post, Bob shares his thoughts on:
• the season coming to an end Saturday night
• his takeaways from how the M’s played in the postseason
• the reaction from the Astros’ official Twitter account and fanbase after the ALDS
• his wishlist this offseason to boost the offense
• how he will remember this Mariners season
Subscribe to the Seattle Sports YouTube account here, and be sure to catch Wyman and Bob from 2-7 p.m. every weekday on Seattle Sports 710 AM or streaming on the Seattle Sports app.
More on the Mariners from Seattle Sports
• M’s believe snapping playoff drought only the beginning
• Fann: Mariners are closing gap with Astros with pivotal offseason ahead
• Sweep or not, Astros now know M’s are coming for them
• ‘Just the start’: After tough loss ends season, Mariners excited for future