Mariners Breakdown: The comeback, the sweep, and facing the Astros
Oct 10, 2022, 4:10 PM
Well, that next time has come, and now we’re wondering if we’ll be talking about the American League Championship Series in a week. That’s because the Mariners didn’t just push on to an AL Division Series matchup with the Houston Astros, but they did so in a shocking way.
First, they swept the Blue Jays in Toronto, which is considered by some to be the toughest venue to go into as a road team in the postseason. Second, there was that whole comeback-from-seven-runs-down thing.
We had to talk to Bob about that incredible AL Wild Card sweep, but we also needed to get his thoughts on matching up against the hated Astros (there is no love lost between the Mariners and Astros, or Bob and the Astros – probably more the latter).
In the video, which you can watch at this link or at the top of the post, Bob answers:
• How happy he is about the Mariners’ playoff series win
• What he thinks about J.P. Crawford and Adam Frazier being the heroes Saturday
• Which players jumped out in Toronto
• If George Kirby and Robbie Ray should switch roles from the Wild Card round in the ALDS
• How badly he wants Seattle to beat Houston
• If we’ll be talking about the M’s getting ready for another opponent next week
Subscribe to the Seattle Sports YouTube channel here so you never miss a new video, catch Wyman and Bob from 2-7 p.m. weekdays on Seattle Sports, and go here for details on how to hear the Mariners announce team calling the postseason on Seattle Sports 710 AM.