Video: Highlights from Mariners’ sweep with Seattle Sports radio calls
Oct 8, 2022, 8:17 PM | Updated: 8:29 pm
(Photo by Mark Blinch/Getty Images)
If you watched the Mariners’ incredible American League Wild Card sweep of the Toronto Blue Jays on TV, there’s a chance it felt to you like something was missing. That would be the case if you weren’t also listening to the games being called by the voices of the Mariners – Rick Rizzs, Mike Blowers, Aaron Goldsmith and Dave Sims.
The good news is you can still hear them calling all the playoff action on Seattle Sports 710 AM and the rest of Mariners Radio Network affiliates. And the really good news is we’ve compiled videos from MLB.com featuring the truly fantastic calls from the M’s radio team here.
Want to hear Rizzs call Cal Raleigh’s energizing Game 1 homer? How about Goldsmith waxing poetic about Luis Castillo’s otherworldly Game 1 win? Or Sims on Carlos Santana’s three-run homer that was the first spark of Game 2’s chaotic comeback?
That’s all here, as well as Seattle’s two new versions of “The Double” – J.P. Crawford’s in the eighth inning Saturday that tied the game, then Adam Frazier’s that gave them the lead in the ninth of their 10-9 victory to clinch on Saturday night.
Watch all the videos below, and be ready for more where that came from when the Mariners start the American League Division Series on Tuesday against their AL West rivals, the Houston Astros, live on Seattle Sports. Also be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the post from more M’s postseason coverage on SeattleSports.com.
Game 1 (Mariners 4, Blue Jays 0)
• Luis Castillo’s stellar start
• Condensed game (includes radio calls on Eugenio Suárez’s double, Raleigh’s homer)
Game 2 (M’s 10, Blue Jays 9)
• J.P. Crawford’s tying double
• Condensed game (includes radio calls on Santana’s homer, Frazier’s go-ahead, the final out)
More M’s playoff coverage on SeattleSports.com
• Recap: M’s erase big deficit, sweep Blue Jays with 10-9 win
• Believe it! Mariners come back from seven down, clinch ALDS berth
• Luis Castillo does the nearly impossible as M’s silence Blue Jays in Game 1