Bump’s Seahawks Breakdown: The most important player on defense
Jul 18, 2022, 2:59 PM
Training camp is just a little over a week away for the Seattle Seahawks, who are entering what will be a pivotal year in the franchise’s history.
With Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner no longer on the roster, the Seahawks will be looking for new leaders on each side of the ball. Last week, former NFL wide receiver Michael Bumpus of Seattle Sports’ Bump and Stacy shared his view on which offensive player (not counting quarterbacks) would be most important this year. Now it’s time to look at the defense.
In the latest breakdown video from Bump, he goes through a list of candidates who could be big players in the Seahawks’ first year with Clint Hurtt at defensive coordinator. Ultimately, though, he settles on a clear answer. Watch the video at the top of the post to get the whole story.
Catch Bump and Stacy from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday on Seattle Sports Station 710 AM, SeattleSports.com and the Seattle Sports app. You can also find Bump on Seahawks Radio Network broadcasts on Seattle Sports as he is the pregame, halftime and postgame host.
For more from Bump and Stacy on the Hawks, click any of the links below:
• Stacy Rost: Seahawks must make the most of their biggest investments in ’22
• Spotlight is on Seahawks’ QBs, but focus should be on talent around them
• Should the Seahawks be looking at Sam Darnold after Mayfield trade?
• Could Dee Eskridge be Seattle’s next breakout WR?
• Hawks WRs: A reason to be excited and a reason to be concerned