WYMAN AND BOB
Mariners Breakdown: Bob Stelton on concerns, signs of hope after rough road trip
The Mariners are back at T-Mobile Park for the next seven days, and they should feel relieved to be back home after enduring a 2-7 road trip where they lost series to the Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Marlins and Houston Astros, the latter of which was a sweep.
Verlander solid again as Astros beat Mariners 7-2, complete sweep
With two home series upcoming now against the Rays (Thursday-Sunday) and Philadelphia Phillies (Monday-Wednesday), we caught back up with our pal Bob Stelton of Seattle Sports’ Wyman and Bob for a new edition of his Bob’s Baseball Breakdown video series.
In this week’s video, we ask Bob for his thoughts on:
• His concerns coming out of the road trip
• His biggest reason for hope going into the homestand
• The most pleasant surprises so far this Mariners season
• The most memorable Mariners games he has attended
• What he’s expecting when Kyle Lewis returns
Watch the video at the top of this post, and subscribe to the Seattle Sports YouTube channel to make sure you never miss the latest Bob’s Baseball Breakdown.
For more Mariners coverage from SeattleSports.com, click any of the links below.
More on the Mariners
• M’s GM Dipoto: Kyle Lewis’ timeline, roster moves
• Why we still haven’t seen the best of AL Pitcher of the Month Logan Gilbert
• Julio Rodríguez talks HR, proving people wrong about his speed
• With Angels on rise, Mariners dealing with more than Astros in AL West
• What Jerry Dipoto is seeing from three big early standouts