WYMAN AND BOB
Seahawks Football 101: What top draft pick D’Wayne Eskridge adds to offense
The Seahawks’ offense has a new weapon: wide receiver D’Wayne Eskridge, their top pick from last week’s NFL Draft.
Heaps: Hawks’ next moves with draft over? They’re not done on D
Seattle used their second-round selection on the Western Michigan product last Friday, and when you take a look at the film to see what he can do, it’s easy to see he’s about to give the Seahawks and their new offensive coordinator Shane Waldron a lot of options from the get-go.
In a brand new edition of Football 101 with Dave Wyman of 710 ESPN Seattle’s Wyman and Bob, the former Seahawks and Denver Broncos linebacker breaks down some plays from Eskridge’s college career to share what he thinks stands out about the player. Edkridge brings a lot of speed to the table, so Wyman explains how that will fit into what Seattle does and what it may mean with Waldron bringing his experience from his time on Rams head coach Sean McVay’s coaching staff to the Seahawks.
Wyman, who you can hear on Hawks game broadcasts during the season as the color commentator alongside play-by-play man Steve Raible on the Seahawks Radio Network, also provides his thoughts on Seattle’s draft class and why he thinks general manager John Schneider didn’t trade down more to add additional picks along the way.
Watch the Football 101 video at the top of this post, and click any of the links below for more coverage and analysis on the Hawks’ draft from 710Sports.com.
Seahawks NFL Draft analysis
• New Brock & Salk Podcast: Seahawks draft breakdown
• Ex-NFL OL Geoff Schwartz’s take on sixth-round OL Stone Forsythe
• Jake & Stacy: One thing to be excited about with each Seahawks pick
• O’Neil: What we learned about the Hawks from their three picks
• Rost: What’s next for Seattle after the draft
• Gallant: What stands out about each pick
• Clayton: Seahawks get what they need out of the draft