Report: Former Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette to retire
Former Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette will announce his retirement Thursday, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rappaport.
The Seahawks have a press conference for Lockette scheduled for 1 p.m. Thursday.
Lockette, who played four seasons in Seattle, had surgery on Nov. 2, a day after sustaining ligament and disc damage in his neck when he was hit while covering a punt in Seattle’s win over Dallas. Lockette is currently a free agent and said in March that he was contemplating a return to football despite the nearly fatal injury.
Lockette had previously told 710 ESPN Seattle’s “Justin and Gee” that he had no regrets about his playing days and that the game shouldn’t be softened.
“It’s a game, it’s what we signed up for and that’s what we do, and you accept the consequences that come with it,” he said in March. “I enjoyed my career if I never play again, and if I do play again, then I’ll come back with the same fire.”