Seahawks Football 101: How K.J. Wright outplayed Kyler Murray
K.J. Wright is in his 10th season as a Seahawks linebacker, but you’d never know it by his play.
Take for instance his latest game, a 28-21 Seattle win over Arizona that was undoubtedly the Seahawks’ best performance on defense all season long.
Wright had six tackles, including four solo and one tackle for loss, and he had one of the more memorable plays of the entire game.
Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray, who led Arizona to a 37-34 win over the Seahawks in overtime four weeks prior to last Thursday’s game, is one of the toughest runners in the NFL to tackle in the open field, but it was no problem for Wright on an amazing tackle in the second half.
— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) November 20, 2020
In this week’s Football 101 with 710 ESPN Seattle host, Seahawks Radio Network color commentator and former NFL linebacker Dave Wyman, we take a closer look at what Wright did to outplay Murray and the Cardinals.
The Seahawks are getting a little extra rest after that Thursday night game, as they are gearing up for a meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football on Nov. 30. You can catch the radio broadcast on 710 ESPN Seattle beginning with the pregame show at 2 p.m. Monday.
For more Football 101 videos, click any of the links below.
Seahawks Football 101
• Week 1: Adams, Dunbar solve a play that has been Seattle’s problem
• Week 2: How Bobby Wagner helped seal a win on the final play vs. the Patriots
• Week 3: Team effort results in a safety against the Cowboys
• Week 4: How K.J. Wright and the defense solved Seattle’s big-play issues
• Week 5: How the defense came up clutch against the Vikings
• Week 7: Rookie LB Jordyn Brooks’ promising plays in Arizona
• Week 8: Why Bobby Wagner is the NFL’s best blitzing LB
• Week 9: What Carlos Dunlap adds that the defense needs