Photo gallery: A look at the NHL Seattle Kraken hockey team
Jul 23, 2020, 9:54 AM | Updated: 10:25 am
Not only does the NHL Seattle team now have a name – the Seattle Kraken – but we have an idea of what it’s going to look like, as well.
In addition to the name reveal on Thursday morning, the team released several images of logos, wordmarks, and a rendering of Climate Pledge Arena. Oh, and perhaps most important, there’s a picture of a jersey.
Check out the images in the photo gallery above. For more on the name reveal, check out this story.
Seattle Kraken backstory
• Seattle was granted an NHL expansion franchise in December 2018, making the team the 32nd in the league following the addition of the Las Vegas Golden Knights in 2017.
• The team will play in a new arena under the iconic roof of the former KeyArena and Seattle Coliseum on the grounds of the Seattle Center, just a stone’s throw from the Space Needle.
• The arena naming rights have been bought by Amazon, opting to call it Climate Pledge Arena.
• The Seattle Kraken is set to begin play in the NHL in the 2021-22 season.
• A training facility is being built for the team in Northgate and will feature public rinks in the hopes of building the game of hockey in the Seattle area.
• Climate Pledge Arena: NHL Seattle arena name rights bought by Amazon
• Stecker: If arena name is goofy, it’s at least goofy with a purpose
• What should the NHL Seattle team name be? 710’s voices make their picks
• NHL Seattle responds after report that team will be named Seattle Kraken
• Lydia Cruz’s 2 Minute Minor: The ins and outs of hockey shift changes
• 2 Minute Minor: In hockey, defencemen carry value on offence
• 2 Minute Minor: Explaining line combinations for prospective NHL Seattle fans
• 2 Minute Minor: 3 things for NHL Seattle fans to watch