Mariners Roundtable: Who could be traded, what do you do with Kyle Seager and more
We are over a quarter of the way into the 2019 Seattle Mariners season, and it’s already been a bit of a roller coaster.
The Mariners came out of the gate like a house of fire, going 13-2 in their first 15 games. Then they went 7-21 over their next 28 games, and they entered Thursday a game under .500 even after a two-game sweep of the Oakland Athletics to begin this week. Add to that the injuries, promotions, demotions and other roster moves that have come along the way, and there’s a lot to unpack.
Unpack is exactly what our 710 ESPN Seattle crew does in the latest video roundtable from our Sports Lounge. Mariners insider Shannon Drayer is joined by Danny O’Neil of Danny, Dave and Moore and Curtis Rogers of the Mariners pregame and postgame shows to look over what we’ve learned so far from the M’s and, perhaps more importantly, what are the key things to watch as Seattle’s ‘step-back’ season moves forward.
Among the topics discussed in the video:
• Daniel Vogelbach’s recent slump
• Domingo Santana’s defense in left field
• Who is the Mariners’ DH of the future?
• Seattle’s general defensive issues
• The improvements on the base paths
• How the M’s will re-introduce veterans coming off the injured list
• Which players are likely to be traded
• What should Seattle do with Kyle Seager?
• What needs to be seen from Justus Sheffield
Watch the roundtable video with Drayer, O’Neil and Rogers and let us know in the comments what is on your mind about this year’s team.
For more Mariners coverage, click any of the stories below:
• The M’s found a diamond in the rough — twice — in Roenis Elías
• Stelton: The Mariners have a DH problem, but not like you think
• Could possible Mitch Haniger trade scenarios be revisited?
• Injury List Updates: Félix has Grade 1 lat strain, out 4-6 weeks
• Drayer: A little sooner than expected, M’s future begins to arrive