Stelton: Should the Seahawks be resting key players in Week 17?
The Seahawks are gearing up for the playoffs, but there’s an obstacle before they get there – a Week 17 game against the lowly Arizona Cardinals.
While Sunday’s regular season finale has some meaning as far as playoff seeding goes for the Seahawks, Seattle also has a number of players who are banged up and could stand to get some rest this week.
Bob Stelton of 710 ESPN Seattle’s Bob, Groz and Tom would like to see Pete Carroll’s team err on the side of caution at CenturyLink Field on Sunday, as he shares in the attached video.
For more Seahawks coverage, click any of the links below.
• Jim Moore’s Hawks-Cards preview: No more underestimating Hawks
• Seahawks’ Ifedi, Thompson both return to practice
• Has Pete Carroll’s Seahawks legacy eclipsed his legacy with USC?
• Cardinals sign Pro Bowl alternate DJ Swearinger ahead of playing Seahawks
• Seahawks sign Pete Carroll to multi-year contract extension
• After Seahawks clinch playoffs, we’re getting into the Pete Carroll spirit
• Pete Carroll’s Seahawks ‘right where we want to be’
• Moore: Hawks no borderline playoff team – they’re Super Bowl contenders
• Clayton: Turnaround from 0-2 start complete for playoffs-bound Seahawks
• O’Neil: Seahawks’ remarkable feat was transforming without tanking