Stelton: There’s more on the line than playoffs for Seahawks vs 49ers now
When Frank Clark declared the “Richard Sherman era” is over for the Seahawks after Monday’s win over the Vikings, he wasn’t just pointing out that the team has moved on from the days of the Legion of Boom. He was also showing that he’s emerged not just as a leader on the field, but as the new face of Seattle’s defense.
When Sherman responded on Thursday to Clark’s comments by saying it was “like ‘Kids say the darnedest things,'” it added some extra incentive for Sunday’s Seahawks-49ers matchup that already is an opportunity for the 8-5 Hawks to clinch a return to the playoffs after missing out on postseason action last year.
In the attached video, 710 ESPN Seattle’s Bob Stelton speaks about the renewed rivalry between the Seahawks and 49ers ahead of Sunday’s 1:05 p.m. game as well as his read on Clark’s comments.
For more on Sunday’s game, click any of the links below.
• O’Neil: Seahawks have chance to revive a December tradition
• Clayton: Seahawks face an even younger 49ers team in Santa Clara
• Seahawks notebook: RB Rashaad Penny (knee) ruled out for Week 15
• 3 Seahawks to watch vs 49ers: Will Wilson shake off rough outing?
• Doug Baldwin could play vs 49ers, KJ Wright (knee) eyeing Week 16
• Gee Scott: Ken Norton’s important role in Seahawks’ bounce-back season
• Moore: 49ers will play better than their record vs Seahawks