Bob Stelton’s 2018 Mariners preview: How to make sense of this team
Mariners opening night is almost upon us, with Felix Hernandez on the mound for the M’s on 710 ESPN Seattle Thursday night to take on defending American League Central champion Cleveland and its two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber.
After the quietest offseason of general manager Jerry Dipoto’s tenure with Seattle, the Mariners have a strong lineup, a strong bullpen, and some serious questions marks in the rotation. And that makes it hard to figure out exactly what to expect out of this team, says 710 ESPN Seattle’s Bob Stelton.
In the video above, Stelton offers his 2018 Mariners preview, including why he’s especially high on the offense and what his concerns are about the starting pitching.
Looking for more on the Mariners’ season? Click on the links below to read 710Sports.com preview stories.
• Tom Wassell’s over-under for the 2018 Mariners
• Danny O’Neil: Felix’s turn to prove the Mariners right
• Shannon Drayer: M’s try to stay ahead of curve with pitching tech
• Table Setter: Can M’s keep up with a contender in opening series?
• Jim Moore’s reasons for hope, possibilities and concerns for M’s
• Mike Salk: Top 10 reasons to be excited about the Mariners