Seahawks’ Carpenter still not cleared to practice
By Liz Mathews
Seahawks guard James Carpenter, inactive the last two games, has yet to clear the mandated concussion protocol to return to full practice.
“James has a couple tests he’ll be doing this afternoon and we’ll find out Wednesday if he’s cleared to go,” coach Pete Carroll said Monday. “He’s had a lot of time to break and we just want to make sure that we’ve got everything squared away and we’ll see what happens.”
Linebacker K.J. Wright, also inactive last week with a concussion, was able to return to practice Monday.
Because Monday’s session was a “bonus” day returning from the bye week, the team was not required to release an official practice report. Carroll did say, however, that Carpenter was the only player who did not participate.
“We are very, very fortunate right now,” Carroll said. “We are very fortunate to be this healthy at this point and hopefully we’ll make the most of it. It’s a great sign to go into it now. Everybody had a great rest and we’ll come back ready to go.”
The Seahawks had concluded Week 10 verses the Jets with 13 players on the injury report.
Tuesday is the regularly scheduled players’ off day and the Seahawks return to full practice Wednesday through Friday to prepare to face Miami on Sunday.